Happily ever after...

Happily ever after...

Monday, April 9, 2012

Show me that I have climbed to Thee by the path of pain.

"My God, I have never thanked thee for my thorn. I have thanked Thee a thousand times for my roses, but not once for my thorn. I have been looking forward to a world where I shall get compensation for my cross; but I have never thought my cross as itself a present glory.
Teach me the glory of my cross; teach me the value of my thorn. Show me that I have climbed to thee by the path of pain. Show me that my tears have made my rainbows." George Matheson

Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak then I am strong! 2 Corinthians 12:10

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I just HAD to comment on the George Matheson excerpt!

    I love, love, love George Matheson!!

    This one is just more of his usual profundity. Really deep stuff.

    (And btw, did you know you can read several of his devotional books online for FREE?? Love that!)

    ReplyDelete